Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Tender-lutely Gotham

A word that means so much but shocks me when some permit it to fall in between the gaps is: authenticity.

That said I don't know why many like to be viewed in a particular accepted way as opposed to solely being themselves. Some are even scared to confess such a horrific realization.

Mornings, once stepping on to the bus I see people getting on and hopping off slowly. Some are in their won world, some happy, some sad, and some don't care how they are perceived most likely because they don't know one another. So they don't have to put forth the effort and connect. The one flaw I have perceived is trying too hard to connect or some being fearful of connecting. However way classified, the formula is you being you without fear of judgement.

As I get off the bus in Manhattan's Chelsea District I feel and UN-feel this ingredient as pedestrians walk by gazing at one another trying to gain approval. At times, I can totally feel like one when I realize I too have lost awareness. Sadly, it maybe the city effect but interestingly many can and choose to be aware of the golden ingredient underneath. Many should throw away the carried mask for fear of being emotionally stabbed aka judged. Judgements cannot pin anyone down unless you allow yourself to stay down. Be the rock star that you are or stay awkward. Nothing wrong with being you even if it results in being alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment